Finally got to try some tonkatsu! It tastes yummy.. I think it's from the crispy fried breadcrumbs on top? ;)
I could call this the lion bento because I use all of my lion picks. It contains:
- tonkatsu (I used Just Bento/Just Hungry's recipe here) with... tonkatsu sauce, of course! It's pounded out a bit, Slovak/Central Europe/schnitzel style.
- a little brown rice and soy sauce
- green pepper scattered about
- some leftover honey tangerine... trying new fruits this week! I like this one.
- cucumber slices
- a few grapes
- star fruit-- I hadn't had this in almost twenty years. Wasn't expecting it to be so crunchy! And, a bit sour, but I seem to think that of most fruits. It tastes like the Christmas of my childhood.
I could have filled that top tier completely with fruit, but I needed some veg as well. I went grocery shopping last night (I usually go twice a month), so I had many options! I keep putting carrot kinpira on my list, but it never gets made... maybe later.
I usually draw a quick sketch of my bentos beforehand, and thought I had, but turns out I hadn't, so had to make it up on the fly. Good thing I had a lot of food about!