As I was cooking, I realized this bento had all the aspects of halushky. I guess it's more like a Polish halusky-- traditional Slovak halusky involves dumplings, sheep's cheese, and bacon. Growing up, ours included fried cabbage and noodles, which I have today.
- the straw-looking stuff is leftover ww noodles, mixed with eggs and cheese and baked... like a noodle frittata
- one last hot dog! trying to use things up
- cabbage fried with mustard seed, cumin, garlic, and tumeric... it looked yellow when I cooked it, not so much in the photo, though.
- carrot kinpira... and still have some left.
- cucumbers and two balloon grapes!
I was happy with all the colors I have: white, green, orange, purple, yellow, red... these days, I have a hard time getting anything green in! My options are cucumber or green pepper.