I think this is my most authentic Japanese bento yet! It was super yummy, tasty, and filling... all the flavors worked together very well.
- chili sauce tofu (I used Ohayo Bento's wing sauce) minus the coconut milk
- brown rice with soy sauce
- carrot kinpira (from Just Bento)... super good, a little spicy
- tamagoyaki... my first try at this as well. It was too thick, I think. (Just Bento again... although I only added soy sauce to mine)
- raw green pepper
- a mushroom cooked in sesame oil
I think this is my favorite bento yet, and it's vegetarian! This was also the most cooking I've done for a bento... used one small pan for the sauce, cooked the kinpira and tofu one after another, and one for tamagoyaki, then mushroom. Yikes, messy kitchen!