Friday, March 18, 2011

breakfast bento #14

I was at a different grocery store than I usually shop the other day and excited to run across these:
















They remind me of Slovak rožky, the yummy rolls I love, except they're longer and thinner.  So, of course, I had to make Slovak breakfast sandwiches. 

















- two sandwiches with ham and cheese
- I put the green peppers on the sandwiches when I ate them
- the ever-present orange half

If you want to read more about rožky, Slovak cooking posted about them a few months ago, along with a recipe.  I tried it out, but they didn't taste like the real thing.

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! That definitely looks good. I might attempt that bread recipe... simple enough. I love the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sandwich looks really good. I might have to steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete