Monday, November 12, 2012

store-bought bento!

I forgot to report that last week I had my first store-bought bento!  I was shopping at One World Market in Indianapolis, and they have a grocery section and a dine-in section (the employees greet you when you walk in the door, just like at Japanese restaurants, so I've read).  I had to run after I shopped, so grabbed a bento on my way out.

I got a kara-age chicken bento: half of it was filled with rice sprinkled with black sesame, one corner with kara-age, one corner with potato salad.  There was a slice of tamagoyaki (much sweeter than what I make, but I liked it that way), a slice of crab, and a few of cucumber and takuan and (one of the reasons I bought the bento was because I wanted to try that before I bought a big piece).  It was delicious, better than I was expecting: good flavoring with the kara-age and crispy breading, slightly-sweet and stringy potato salad, and fresh rice. 

If I'd had my camera with me, I'd have taken a picture, but I didn't, unfortunately.  You can find a picture of the same bento here, though, along with other pictures of the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment