Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter bento

Christ is risen!  He is risen indeed!    Kristus z mŕtvych vstal! Skutočne z mŕtvych vstal!

Since I knew I'd be out to church on Easter, I packed a picnic bento to eat afterward.  It was supposed to rain... but didn't... and the weather was mild.


















Not at all my typical food!
- fried chicken... frozen, from a box.  :)  Much better than anything I could make myself.
- deviled egg and asparagus spears
- ambrosia/5 cup salad (pineapple, mandarin orange, mini marshmallows, coconut, and I used yogurt instead of sour cream for the base.
- coleslaw with a cherry tomato and sugar peas
- dessert tray: strawberry cake, blackberries, and sixlets.

I also had a thermos of sweet tea... this bento has MUCH more sugar than I normally eat.  In a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment