Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Back on the healthy-eating wagon!

I've been trying to get back into healthy eating lately-- which is good because I'd been eating a lot of frozen food, frozen pizzas, etc.  I wish I was one of those people who felt better when they eat whole foods, but I don't seem to notice-- I have a strong stomach, I think.  I thought about starting up a completely new blog for this topic, but, since it's food-related, I figured I could post here. 

Here are a few of my favorite healthy eating blogs: it's mostly called "real food" and that's what I work toward.

100 Days of Real Food is probably the one that got me most interested in eating healthfully.   Lisa has some good basic recipes here (I've made her tortillas a few times), but I find their menu much too expensive for me -- and their stomachs are smaller than mine!  What they eat for a meal would make a great snack for me.  :)

Although I'm not a big baker, Heavenly Homemakers has some good recipes as well and inspired me to start making my own waffles.  There are some good basic, everyday food recipes as well-- check out the recipe page.

Jess writes Keep It Real Food, and it's nice to have a single person's perspective on real food since most of the blogs are for families.  She seems to eat mostly the same things, which wouldn't work for me as I like variety!

I just started following Red, Round, or Green, but the recipes and meal ideas look great!  I do like to bake sweets every once in a while, and this cookie chocolate pie looks great!

I've also been reading Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food" and I'm sure that has kept up my interest.

Do you have a favorite healthy eating blog to share?  I'm always on the lookout for new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment