Friday, March 1, 2013

I got a bread machine!

I'm super excited because now I hope I'll be able to eat healthier... whole wheat bread products without all the extra ingredients.  Anything with yeast in it has never risen for me; actually, baked products as a whole don't like me.  Last Friday I made some no-yeast breadsticks, and when I went to put them in the oven, the tray tipped and they fell in the crack between the oven and door.   I was able to salvage a few, but the dough was so soft that they were mangled.  Then on Saturday, I made an almond cake, but it was too heavy and wet-- still tasted good, though!  Baked goods just don't like me.

It's a new bread machine, but dented, and I got it on ebay for a great price.

If you have any good bread machine recipes to share, please do!  I'm looking for anything whole wheat: bread, rolls, hamburger buns, pita, naan, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment