Wednesday, July 6, 2011

bento #99

Well, since today is a month since I've been gone, I thought I'd post a bento photo!

















- egg salad sandwich
- strawberries
- asparagus
- half an ear of corn

It took me a while to figure out how to cut the corn... I was hacking away at it, rather dangerously, with various knives.  Then I realized my serrated bread knife would probably work... and it did!  I knew there had to be some way to cut corn because you always see it one-inch or so slices in various bento books!

3 comments:

  1. To cut corn on the cob I usually score it with a sharp knife all the way around then snap it in half with my hands. It usually snaps cleanly without a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha... "sharp" knife. Maybe I should get one of those ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete